CHEERS MAGAZINE ANNOUNCED 2012 CHEERS BEVERAGE EXELLENCE AWARDS2011-10-31 19:50:25
The on-premise industry’s highest honors for beverage alcohol program operators
SAN FRANCISCO – October 31, 2011 – /PRNewswire/ — Cheers magazine, the only beverage business publication devoted to full-service restaurants, bars and hotels, announced the winners of its 2012 Cheers Beverage Excellence Awards. The awards will be presented to the winners at the annual Cheers Beverage Conference, held on January 23-25 at the Astor Crowne Plaza in New Orleans.
Ten program awards and two individual awards are slated to be presented at the conference.
The 2012 Cheers Beverage Excellence Award winners are:
- Best Chain Beverage Merchandising: Quaker Steak & Lube for Steak & Lube Jars
- Best Chain Signature Drink Program: Omni Hotels & Resorts for Omni Home Grown
- Best Chain Drink Program: Ruby Tuesday for Ruby Tuesday Football
- Best Chain Beer Program: Rusty Bucket Restaurant & Tavern/Cameron Mitchell
- Best Chain Spirits Program: Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Best Chain Wine Program : Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
- Best Chain Hotel Beverage Program: The Broadmoor
- Best Chain Multi-Concept Beverage Program: Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- Best Chain Overall Beverage Program: P.F. Chang’s China Bistro
- Best Staff Training Program: Rusty Bucket Restaurant & Tavern/Cameron Mitchell
- Raising the Bar Award: F. Paul Pacult, Editor of the Spirit Journal
- Beverage Industry Innovator of the Year: Lesley Townsend of Manhattan Cocktail Classic
The awards program is open to all chain restaurants. A chain is defined as an operation with five or more locations in two or more markets. The chain must be in existence for at least three years. The criteria for these awards are a particular program’s creativity, originality and impact on the sales and profitability of a full-service restaurant operation. Other factors considered are the level of marketing support, staff training and overall operator commitment to the initiative that lead to its success. Entries were evaluated by a judging panel that includes previous Beverage Excellence Award winners and Cheers staff.
For more information about Quaker Steak & Lube®, please visit www.quakersteakandlube.com.
About Quaker Steak & Lube®:
Founded in 1974 and built in an abandoned gas station in Sharon, Pa., the original Quaker Steak & Lube® began as a cook-your-own steak restaurant, before expanding to over 40 locations throughout the United States and Canada. The unique décor, including race cars suspended from the ceilings, motorcycles, Corvettes and gas station memorabilia, combined with the crave-able food and high-octane events has afforded The Lube® a cult-like fan following. Today, Quaker Steak & Lube® has become one of the fastest-growing restaurant chains in the country, and has won more than 100 national and international awards for its wings and 25 different wing sauces. Most recently it was named the 2010 Festival Favorite at the National Buffalo Wing Festival in Buffalo, New York. For more information visit www.quakersteakandlube.com.
TravelCenters of America